Actual colour may vary from on-screen representation.
HOW TO HELP CLIENTS CHOOSE A PAINT COLOUR
There’s nothing like a job that runs smoothly. But one thing can often get in the way: colour selection. It’s hard to blame someone for struggling, but any delay can throw a wrench into tight timelines and budgets. When it’s all said and done, it’s in your best interest to help your clients find a colour they love – so here are some ways to do just that.
SOME CLIENTS MAY LOOK TO YOU FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH DIFFERENT PAINT COLOURS, BRANDS, AND FINISHES.
- Share Valspar colour trend brochures and paint chips, so your clients can be aware of current trends.
- Offer to pick up paint samples of their choice from a retailer like Lowe’s.
- Paint sample areas of a wall so that clients can live with the different colours.
- Note: Remind them to look at the colours at night as well as during the day, to see how changing light affects them.
GET THEM RESEARCHING
- Tell them to start browsing Pinterest, Instagram, and Houzz for inspiration.
- Have them go into a store like Lowe’s and browse colour chip racks and colour brochures.
- Remind them to save their favorites for use as reference throughout the project.
- They can also browse the Valspar colour offering online and order paint chips of their favourite colours to be delivered to their home for free.
NARROW THEIR OPTIONS WITH TOOLS
- Have them test out different light sources to see how it influences the appearance of colours.
- Remind them to look at the colours at different times of the days, observing how changing light can change the colours.
- Encourage them to live with the colour for a few days.
Making an effort to help guide their colour selection will pay dividends by not only saving you time and money, but your clients will appreciate your work more. So the next time a client turns to you for advice – or they just can’t make up their mind – now you have some tools to keep the job on schedule.